If you love pumpkin desserts as much as I do, you will love these moist and light pumpkin muffins! Easy to make and packed with pumpkin spice, these muffins are the perfect fall treat. I like to sprinkle some coarse sugar, like sugar in the raw, over the tops of each muffin prior to baking, just for a little sweet crunch. My family enjoys them with chocolate chips!
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or your preferred oil)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- coarse sugar for topping your muffins before baking (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line your muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, and milk together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix gently until combined. Add 1 cup chocolate chips (optional).
- Spoon the batter into liners, filling them to the top.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar before baking (optional)
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. keep the muffins in the oven the whole time.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an additional 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool. Enjoy!!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.